How to Play Blackjack Online?
If you’ve been wondering how to play blackjack, you are in the right place. Online blackjack has attracted many online gamblers in recent years. Not only is it simple to play, but the best online blackjack games offer great odds that other games can’t match.
Make sure to read up and to learn more about the blackjack basic strategies and game choices before you start playing blackjack online.
Where and How to play Blackjack
Most online casinos feature sought-after activities, including playing blackjack online. With many options to pick from, you may find it challenging to decide on the casino you want to be part of.
The most important thing to look out for in an online casino is security. It’s crucial to play in regulated and licensed sites that have proven that they treat players well.
The best online casinos offer you 100% access to the best online casino games from your desktop or mobile device. You can enjoy your favorite blackjack games online from wherever you are, once you learn how to play blackjack.
More guides like this blackjack tutorial can be found on our site, for example, like the one explaining the basic terminology of poker.
Benefits of Playing Blackjack Online
Knowing how to play blackjack is a prerequisite for enjoying the game. It gives you several advantages over playing offline, in a land-based casino.
- The biggest advantage of online blackjack is convenience. It allows you to play basically everywhere you want — whether at home, in the office or while having a beer with friends.
- The game is also played at a much faster pace, meaning you can get through a lot more hands.
- Playing blackjack at an online casino also allows you to reap more bonuses and rewards.
- Most online casinos offer new clients with a welcome casino bonus when they deposit, and this could spice up your game.
It is good to point out, however, that casino bonuses come with terms and conditions. Some may have betting requirements attached to them. Meaning to say you may need to wager a specified amount until you can withdraw it.
Another great advantage of playing blackjack online is it gives you some sense of privacy. Blackjack tables in a land-based casino are usually jam-packed with crowds — which could be quite intimidating, especially for newbies.
How to Play Blackjack: Blackjack Rules
So, how to play blackjack online? No need to search for a blackjack tutorial on Youtube. In this portion, we’ll walk you through with the basic blackjack rules to get you started:
- Blackjack players place their bets to start the game.
- The blackjack dealer deals two cards to participants as well as to himself (one of the cards face down, the other one face up)
- Value of blackjack cards: All cards count their face value in blackjack. The King, Queen and Jack, however, count as 10 and the ace will have a value of either 1 or 11. In the game, card suits have no meaning.
- Blackjack participants have to select if they will hit, stand, surrender, split, or double down.
- The blackjack dealer will act last. He is expected to stand on 17 through 21 as must hit on 16 or less.
- Players emerge triumphant if their hand totals higher than the hand of the dealer, or they have 21 or less when the blackjack dealer’s hand value surpasses the sum of 21 (which is called a bust).
Blackjack Online Game Choices
In this portion, we give you a list of a handful of the most widely played forms of blackjack you can try out once you think you know how to play blackjack:
- American Blackjack. One noticeable difference between this and the European Blackjack is the part of the game the dealer takes his hole card. The dealer, in the American Blackjack setup, gets his face-down card (also known as a ‘hole’ card) before the players make their moves about their own hand.
- European Blackjack. In this variant, there is no ‘hole’ card for the dealer until after the player decides his move.
- Vegas Strip Blackjack. This famous variant of the game is named after the South Las Vegas Boulevard known for its big casinos and hotels. This is a widely played variation in the area.
- Blackjack Switch. One great feature which sets this game apart from all the other types of blackjack games is that participants are dealt with two hands to play. Then, players are allowed to switch or exchange the top two cards between hands.
- Blackjack Perfect Pairs. This game choice allows players to place an additional bet to cover the possibility of the first two cards dealt being a pair. You can only place this type of a bet on a Perfect Pairs Blackjack table.
If you are interested in playing blackjack online, you can actually play blackjack live games, where a real blackjack dealer operates the game from a live casino.
Basically, it’s like playing in a brick-and-mortar casino yet you are playing in the comfort of your home. This is what makes playing blackjack live more appealing.
Like in a land-based casino, a dealer will wait until players make their wagers, and then deal the cards. You only need to navigate on your screen to make bets and input your playing decision for each hand.
One great thing about blackjack live option is that players don’t have to wait for an open spot on a table as they commonly do in a land-based casino. In short, there is always an open spot 24/7 with live online casino games.
Before turning on your screens to play blackjack online, we give you some tips to improve your gaming experience.
It’s important to develop your own strategy or apply a blackjack basic strategy if you are a beginner. For sure, you don’t want to throw money onto the table and second-guess.
Here are some tips on how to play blackjack and improve your blackjack strategy:
- Pay close attention. One of the ways to see your bankroll grow has nothing to do with standing or hitting — but with paying attention to blackjack rules. Imagine you are flipping a coin 100 times. There will be streaks of tails or heads. Your goal is to look for tables that can make those streaks easier to predict and to know when they are occuring.
- Understand the table rules. Many online casinos offer different variants of the game of online blackjack. It’s crucial to check out the table as they put a lot of information that can help you make a decision.
- Deck of cards. Another important tip is to select games that use as few card decks as possible.Truth is, card counting doesn’t work when you’re playing online. However, if you play with fewer decks of cards, it would help you learn the ropes much easier and in the long run, it could be more profitable for you.