Cricket Betting: Online Betting Guide
Cricket betting is very popular among bettors from all corners of the globe. Exciting tournaments and series happen every calendar year, leading to the rise of sports legends.
In the Philippines, it’s one of the most treasured sports. As with any major sporting event here, a lot of cricket betting goes along with it. If you want to learn how to bet on cricket or discover more about cricket betting odds and bets, read on.
How Does Cricket Betting Work?
Before you start your dive on cricket betting, you need to be familiar with the various types of cricket bets that you can place. It is also important to know the different game formats where you can bet.
Here are the three most popular cricket formats:
- Test Cricket – It’s the oldest form of the game, which is usually played for about five days. In this format, either the teams win or the match ends up in a draw.
- One Day Cricket – As the name suggests, it’s a one-day cricket match which is played for around eight hours. It is a limited-overs cricket played in one day with 50 overs for every team.
- T20 Cricket – This is a relatively new format that has been widely played in the 2000s. It is played in the afternoon or at night with 20 overs for each team.
Most Popular Types of Cricket Bets
Now, let’s talk about cricket bets. In this portion, we give you some of the most popular types of cricket bets that you can place.
If you’re new to cricket betting, no worries. This list will help you find the one that fits you.
- Match Betting – This is the most popular type of cricket betting. In this bet, you only need to choose from three different outcomes. You will have to pick if either the home team will win, the away team will win, or if the game will end in a draw. The cricket betting odds are weighted so that the payout for a winning underdog will pay higher than 1-to-1, while a winning favorite will be at less than even money.
- Tied Match – For this bet, you have to bet “yes” or “no” on whether the game will end in a tie. If you select correctly, then you win your bet.
- Series Winner – If you’re new to cricket betting, you may be unaware that it’s common for two teams to go into a series of matches. They would often play multiple matches in a row. As the name implies, you are picking which team you think will win in the entire series.
- Outright Winner – Here, you have to pick which team you think will dominate the tournament. When you place your wager, the bookie will list the associated lines for all of the teams in the matches. You just need to select which team would likely win.
Cricket Betting Tips
If you want to enjoy your cricket betting experience to the fullest, you need to craft your very own strategy. Selecting a strategy that fits you is vital and \whether you’re new or pro, here are some cricket betting tips to get you up and running:
- Choose the right sportsbook – The bookie should provide enough security for your information such as money, personal information and cookies.
- Check for the highest odds – To do this, you can register in several cricket betting sites and examine the best odds. This analysis of cricket betting odds is crucial because you can get some capital gain from the best odds site.
- Reputation – Select a sportsbook that has been doing business nicely for several years to get ultimate security and service. Top-rated companies do not cheat their customer because they believe in long-term relationships with their customers.
- Keep up with guides explaining how to bet on cricket and including cricket betting tips – Don’t disregard betting guides like this one, which will help you wade through the complexities of cricket betting. More of them can be found on our website, like the one on how to bet on boxing.
Cricket Betting FAQ
If you have a specific cricket betting question or looking for an answer when it comes to your bookmaker, we’ve got you covered. Find out the most common questions we get below.
What do I need to register on an online betting site?
Cricket betting sites or sportsbooks are required to comply with legal procedures and regulations.
Hence, it’s important to know the things you need before you start betting on cricket.
Here are a few:
- All reputed betting sites for cricket will ask for your ID and other necessary documents depending on the country’s betting laws, to ensure you are a real person looking to sign up and create an account.
- You need to have a personal bank account to start betting on cricket. Bookmakers are required to ensure you have the correct and proper documents for your security and to prevent illegal activities.
- To open a betting account, you must be at least 18 or 21 years old, depending on the regulation of the country.
How do I choose the best cricket betting site?
This time, you need to select a good website. While a fast Google search will give you a long list of options, never decide in haste. We listed down some important ways to select the best cricket betting site:
- Check reviews – Start by sifting through the comments and experiences of cricket bettors. Check out the review page on the cricket betting site you’re eyeing.
- Consider the bonuses – Many betting sites for cricket offer bonuses as part of their cricket promotions. Check out attractive bonuses and cricket promotions to make the most out of your membership.
- Learn the payment methods – Choose a cricket betting site that lets you choose a deposit and withdrawal option that is convenient for you.
- Research the fees – Make a thorough research on the fees charged by the platform. Several sportsbooks will take a commission out of your wager, so make sure you know the charges.
How to deposit money at online cricket betting sites?
You need to deposit funds before you can place bets. The simplest way to deposit is to use debit or credit cards, but they are a bit hit and miss.
The alternative to this is using either e-wallets or pre-paid cards. Both of these options are quite tougher to set up, but once you have them working, they are way more secured and reliable.
Minimum and maximum deposit amounts apply, depending on the method you pick.